When hospitality becomes an art, it loses its very soul.
Hospitality Management refers to the management and effective handling of all functions connected with the administration of Hotel and Tourism industry. The Hotel and Tourism industry is growing at an alarming rate globally today and multiple new firms offering these services are entering in the market. There is, thus, a tough competition in the world of Hospitality and it is important for an upcoming Hospitality manager to secure updated knowledge about this industry.
A recent study has revealed that the rate of growth of the Hospitality industry has increased from 6% to 8% in the recent years and is projected to touch 20 percent by the end of the current year. The industry has been designated as the fastest growing industry globally that generates enormous proceeds at the global level.
PGDM HYBRID in Hospitality Management
For preparing the budding managers into the promising field of Hospitality, EINS Education offers a PGDM Hybrid program in Hospitality Management through the distance learning mode from Welingkar Institute of Management. The 2 years Hybrid PGDM program is equivalent to an MBA in terms of industry updated curriculum. It imparts latest knowledge and updates about developments in the industry combined with practical expertise. With its affordability and assured placement assistance, the Welingkar’s part-time (PGDM Hybrid) serves as an ideal option for professionals to secure career growth.
|CODE||SEMESTER I||CODE||SEMESTER II|
|391||Principles of Management||408||Strategic management|
|2||Financial Accounting||66||Cost Accounting|
|260||Human Resource Management||404||Innovation Management|
|68||Marketing Management||407||Mastering The Interview & Networking Skills **|
|6||Managerial Economics||338||Project We- Like|
|CODE||SEMESTER III||CODE||SEMESTER IV|
|380||Introduction to Hospitality Management||385||I.T. in Hospitality|
|381||Front office operations||386||Hotel Marketing|
|382||Hotel Housekeeping||421||Stores & Purchasing Management|
|388||Food & Beverages Management||383||HR in Hospitality|
Careers in Hospitality Management
There are a number of careers associated with the esteemed industry of Hospitality Management. The number of jobs in this industry has been continually increasing. Some of the common job roles include Restaurant Managers, Hotel or Resort Managers, Property Managers, General Managers, Front Office Managers, Food and Beverage Directors, etc. As it is one of the best distance education institutes in India, the career aspects are insured well before.
Cancellation Charges & Refund Policy:
It will be as follows:
Within 1-15 days of admission – 10% of the 2 yrs. Fees
Within 16-30 days of admission- 20% of 2yrs. Fees
Within 31-45 days of admission – 50% of 2 yrs. Fees
45 days & above -No refund will be granted
Please Note: Prospectus Amount is non refundable. Fees payable to the Payee Name: EINS A/C WELINGKAR
Examination Process & Evaluation criteria
• PGDM Hybrid Program exams are conducted 4 times a year.
• Every PGDM Semester exams are conducted twice in every semester.
• Mid-term & End-Term Examinations are 50 marks each.
• Mid-term exams carry 20% weightage and 80% weightage for the End-Term Semester.
• To clear a subject, a student has to get 50% marks, a sum of the weightage marks of the mid-term & end-term exams.
• Every subject portion is divided in two parts, with a 40:60 ratio.
• Mid-term Exams is a 40 % subject distribution while the End-term is the 60% subject distribution.
• Balance portions of the subject are covered in the End-term exam
• The Student welcome Kit includes the Exam Timetable
• The first 3 term exams are in the online mode, the end-term exams need an exam centre booking with options close by to the city near you.
• End-term examination slot needs to be booked prior to a few days of examination on a first come first serve basis.
• The End Semester Exams with an Overseas Exam fee subject-wise along with submission of passport copy with visa copy, and company’s letter confirming his deputation outside is required.
• Re-examination fee per subject for the mid-term and semester exams is applicable, if exams are not attempted the first time.
• 8 papers have to be compulsorily cleared from the 1st year proceeding to the 2nd year.
• 4 subjects to be carried forward and to be appeared along with the 2nd year subject exams.
• Variety of project work in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Semester.
• 100 marks compulsory subject in 2nd semester.
• We Tube, We Lounge and Newswire Services are reference livewires for projects.
• VIVA presentations required after the project submitted.
• Individual Social Responsibility is a 100 marks compulsory subject. Social issues are reported as a project and a 5-7 minute video clip to be uploaded pertaining to the project.
• Specialization related project is a 200 marks compulsory subject with VIVA preparation compulsorily required.