The Importance of Video Representation in Distance Learning
Welingkar Institute of Management has collaborated to bring 18 PGDM Hybrid program specializations to the students in a combination format of online and distance education.
Video lectures are the most important component in distance learning, to key in the insights required for comprehension. This method is a facilitative, insightful imagery created with audio and visuals & produced for educational performance. Welingkar Institute of Management has made WeLectures, a significant curriculum guide to get the ideas moving into the minds of the students.
Why Video Representation of Ideas in Distance Learning is an advantage?
We as students are incapable of handling uninteresting educational content delivered without any illustration, graphical examples or visual patterns. As learners we are individuals with diverse learning capability, but we all need a boost of creativity to facilitate analytical thinking. Videos make for a complete attention skill enhancement guide, a very important characteristic any faculty member can take due advantage of. The moving imagery with sound makes for an audience with insightful concentration. This video skill works collaboratively on the visual stimuli and the auditory factors of the mental faculties guiding the information towards the apt corners of the brain.
The Making of the Best Educational Videos for High Impact Content in the Distance Learning Syllabus:
- Videos should be short. While long videos are allowed, the shorter the video, the better the attention span and the grasp created for the student. With short break-up portions of information and facts creatively intermingled into the video, the grasp of the concept remains firmer.
- Making the videos with an objective, guides the making of the videos properly only to make it insightful and engaging, thus working collaboratively to make the objective and the information club well together.
- Well compressed videos are easily downloadable and up loadable, and it helps the student even if there is a slow connection. The compressed videos do not take too much of space of the disk making it an important file never to be deleted, but to be retained for prolonged use.
- Thought provoking videos are a must for educational content to invoke ideas, to allow raising their voice for discussions, and to imbibe this skill of questioning into the students, guiding them with the same quality for their employable future.
- Interactive videos are made with a tone that removes monotony in the distance learning school. The way you represent your ideas in a video format makes or breaks interaction with a student. If the content needs a different way of addressing, summarizing would help in highlighting the key points to make it interactive.
- Videos created should not only be informative, but be well produced for the information to be clearly absorbed without technical glitches. The sound should be of good superior quality, the imaging should have the correct proximity of pixels, and the acting not too over qualified for educational use.
- The videos need not be elaborately expensive, but should be able to impart the right knowledge to the student correctly, thus making it a resource to look up to anytime, anywhere.
- You Tube, the Distance learning website, the mobile application, and the connected entities should give access to the videos created for the students to conveniently get the content wherever they may be.
Quality video representation in Distance learning is the future of education. The coming years will show interactive video demonstration techniques in education as the key aspect in tutoring online courses.